In response to COVID-19, we will be hosting fortnightly GP webinars on Thursday evening’s from 6pm for all Western Sydney GPs. Featuring key topics that address best practice and the latest developments, the 60-minute webinar will also give GPs the chance to ask questions in advance which will be answered by the presenter at the end of the session.
Our next webinar will be held on Thursday 21 May from 6pm to 7pm. We invite you join us for a special webinar on GP wellness. We’ll hear from Mental Health Practitioner Navneet Jassal who works at ‘Stride for Better Mental Health’.
Webinar run sheet:
- Host to welcome and introduce topic and presenters
- Presentation and discussion
- COVID-19 update
- Q&A from questions sent in advance (see below)
- Wrap up and advise on next week’s topic.
There is no need to pre-register, just make sure you have Zoom on your computer and click on this link: zoom.us/j/126771243
Please make sure you log in at least 10 minutes before the start time as the webinar will commence at 6:00pm sharp.
If you have a question about COVID-19 that you would like to have addressed during this webinar, please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00am Thursday 9 April and we’ll add it to the list. Please note that while we’ll endeavour to get through everyone’s questions, this may not be possible due to time constraints.
- Click on the link provided to enter the webinar. This will take you to your web browser and directly to the webinar. If you don’t have Zoom, you will be asked to download it at this stage.
- The webinar should begin at the suggested start time of 6:00pm so please log in 10 minutes beforehand.
- Once you are logged into the webinar your microphone will automatically be on mute and video disabled.
- At the end of the webinar, simply close the webinar screen. You do not need to log out of the webinar.
Read about the previous webinar topics and guest speakers from all the sessions are available below:
In this weeks webinar Katrina Otto and Jo Hughes talked about the new COVID-19 telehealth MBS item numbers plus explored the healthdirect video call platform.
This week’s webinar topic was Infection Control and we spoke to Margaret Jennings from Marjen Education Services.
During this week’s webinar we got an insider’s view of the new Blacktown Respiratory Clinic from the team at Kildare Road Medical Centre. Joining us on the webinar were:
- Dr Phil Humphris
- Associate Professor Dr Michael Burke
- Clinic Director Peter Rushton
Our second weekly GP webinar was held on Thursday 16 April. The topic was on Surveillance, Contact Tracing and Isolation: An update from the Western Sydney Public Health Unit, and we were joined by Stephen Corbett, Director, Centre for Population Health, Western Sydney Local Health District.
Our first webinar was held via Zoom on Thursday 9 April and the topic was on Western Sydney HealthPathways.
HealthPathways COVID-19 Clinical Editor Lead, Dr Jason Yu lead the group through the related pathway and HealthPathways GP Clinical Lead and Riverstone Family Medical Practice GP, Michelle Crockett explored utilising the COVID-19 HealthPathways pack in her practice.