Easter is one of the busiest times of the year at Western Sydney Hospital Emergency Departments (ED), particularly during the current COVID-19 outbreak. With many general practices and allied health professionals closed on public holidays, access to the right care can be restricted.
A full list of general practices that are open is accessible online and a list of 24-hour helplines can also be found on our After Hours webpage.
There are a number of health services available during this time including:
- Healthdirect provides 24-hour health advice via telephone on 1800 022 222 or through the online symptom checker. A registered nurse can also provide advice on COVID-19 and advise whether to see a local GP, manage the condition at home, or go to an emergency department.
- Healthy Western Sydney provides a range of health resources as well as 24-hour telephone helplines for counseling, mental health support, alcohol and other drug support and poisons information.
- Connections Western Sydney Helpline provides a free 24-hour telephone counseling service on 1300 096 273.
- Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080 is available for people with questions regarding prevention and the spread of COVID-19.
- Mental Health support during COVID-19 is available online through ReachOut, Beyond Blue and Head to Health.
WentWest would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter break. We will be back working remotely on Tuesday 14 April.